Surrey – New Democrat MLAs Jinny Sims, Garry Begg, Rachna Singh, Harry Bains, Bruce Ralston, and Jagrup Brar say students in Surrey are going to see more green, efficient and safe learning spaces thanks to $2.9 million in provincial funding for school …
Welcome to the website of Garry Begg, MLA for Surrey-Guildford
Thank you for taking the time to visit the website. Here is where you will find community updates, ways to get involved within your constituency, services that are provided, upcoming events, and ways we can get in touch. I have been working hard on behalf of all of you that call Surrey your home, it is an honour and privilege to serve as your MLA in Surrey-Guildford.
Thank you to everyone for doing your part in the fight against COVID-19. Whether you’re a front-line health worker, an essential service worker, or are staying at home and following social distancing guidelines, what you are doing is making a difference.
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Visit the BC Government COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates on our government’s response, including provincial health officer orders, and provincial support for individuals and businesses.
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
My constituency office is currently providing service to people and businesses in Surrey-Guildford via phone and email. We can help connect you with the services and support that you need during this challenging time. Please get in touch.
Phone: 604-586-3747Learn More
Putting people first: The first seven months and first full budget of John Horgan’s B.C. New Democrat government
VICTORIA – Last week – seven months after being sworn in – Finance Minister Carole James delivered the first full budget that puts people first after 16 long years of BC Liberal neglect. In just seven months, Premier John Horgan and the B.C. …
MAKING LIFE MORE AFFORDABLE HELPING YOU GET AHEAD Budget 2018 is a budget that works for you. It makes your life more affordable and delivers the services you count on. It starts with bold steps to tackle housing affordability and …